By John H. Byrne, Ruth Heidelberger, M. Neal Waxham
An realizing of the worried procedure at nearly any point of study calls for an realizing of its simple development block, the neuron. The 3rd variation of From Molecules to Networks offers the forged origin of the morphological, biochemical, and biophysical homes of nerve cells. in line with prior variations, the original content material specialize in mobile and molecular neurobiology and comparable computational neuroscience is maintained and stronger.
All chapters were completely revised for this 3rd version to mirror the numerous advances of the prior 5 years. the recent variation expands at the community elements of mobile neurobiology through including new insurance of particular examine equipment (e.g., patch-clamp electrophysiology, together with functions for ion channel functionality and transmitter free up; ligand binding; structural tools akin to x-ray crystallography).
Written and edited by means of top specialists within the box, the 3rd variation thoroughly and comprehensively updates all chapters of this detailed textbook and insures that every one references to fundamental examine signify the newest results.
* the 1st remedy of mobile and molecular neuroscience that incorporates an creation to mathematical modeling and simulation approaches
* eighty% up to date and new content material
* New bankruptcy on "Biophysics of Voltage-Gated Ion Channels"
* New bankruptcy on "Synaptic Plasticity"
* encompasses a bankruptcy at the Neurobiology of Disease
* hugely referenced, complete and quantitative
* complete colour, expert portraits throughout
* All pics come in digital model for educating purposes